Thursday, August 4, 2011

No More GREEN!

We have been working like crazy to get the Bridgewater store ready for all of the fixtures to arrive this week. Painting, scraping, building, wiring, there was a lot to be done. Luckily, we had some great help and were prepared in time to receive the fixtures on Monday of this week. After spending half the day unloading the pallets and pallets (and pallets!) of shelving and pegboard, we began the arduous task of assembling them.

 It took a while to get the hang of the process and there was some trial and error involved, but by the end of the day we accomplished a lot and were rewarded with having several walls of that awful blue and green covered up (finally!).

We started with organizing and laying out the amazing amount of different components (center spanners, lower spanners, spacer spanners, splicer spanners.....AGH!) and doing our best to review the incredibly and surprisingly terribly written instructions. After trying to decipher them, we decided trial and error would be our best bet. It should be mentioned here that although there was some "error" involved, for the most part, there was more "trial" happening.

And these are some of the results of day one!

Day two involved completing the wall fixtures and beginning work on the gondolas. Now, I have to admit that the ratio of "error" to "trial" went way up as we fumbled our way through the Ikea-ish instructions on these. But, after another full day, we were pleased with our progress!

Day three, we completed all of the rest of the gondolas and the endcaps! We finished a day ahead of schedule and are now just about ready for our first shipment of merchandise to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment